Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Chillin' Peachy Keen Challenge Entry


Peachy Keen Stamp Blog is having a sketch challenge. 
The challenge is to create a card or layout based on the sketch to the left.

For my CHILLIN' version I made a 5x5 card usng one of my favorite cartridges, Creat a Critter.
I used Bazzill paper for the  base, Echo Paper 's Snow from the Winter Time collection, scraps from my scrap box and a bit of vellum.

How I did it...
Cut circle frame and frame shadow at 3.25" from Reminisce CM cartridge on p. 68
I used vellum for the shadow frame and embossed it to give it an ice look.
The Penguin and all layers are cut at 2.25" from Create a Critter. 
I used the Peachy Keen Winter Faces stamp set for his sweet face. Added stickles to his scarf & glossy accents for the eyes and mouth.
Used my Martha Stewart drippy goo border punch for my icicle border.
Attached the penguin and frame with pop dots.
Sentiment is from Scrappy Moms Charmed Life stamp set. 
I originally cut the penguin at 2" before I determined he was too small, so I added him on the inside of the card.

You can also find it in the It's Cold outside Challenge.


17 comments:

aud1inok said...

Love the penguin. Your card does look chilly especially with the added vellum "ice block." So cute.

Cathryn said...

Oh my goodness! This card makes me smile from ear to ear!!!! I love everything about it, TFS.
Cathryn67<3

Debbie Smith said...

I love your card. It is sooo cuteee!!!

Jannie said...

Love him!!!!! He is soooooooo cute

TFS

Jannie
www.knutselfrutselen.blogspot.com

Claire Langan said...

Simply adorable...

Unknown said...

I love your card! Adorable! The icicle border is perfect.

Samantha Casey said...

This card is so cute! I love your take on the challenge, you did such a wonderful job! I love your penguin! Good luck with the Peachy Keen Challenge!!!

-Samantha

Glora said...

This card is ADORABLE. What a cutie penguin. I LOVE everything about it!

Claire Langan said...

So cute and adorable...

jen said...

I loveeeeee it!!! So cute..I'm now your newest follower.I would love for you to stop by and visit my blog sometime. jennyscards.blogspot.com
hugs,jen

Vicky said...

your card is cute I love the penguin. your card is coool

Jess B. said...

Too Stinkin Cute! TFS.
Jess B.
thatzuneek@gmail.com

Janice W. said...

Such an adorable card! Great attention to detail and I love that you made the inside of the card cute like the outside! Good luck with the PK challenge!

Unknown said...

Aww is this cute, or is this KERYUTE!!
Adorable card! Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen. Good luck! Viv xx

Minta's Creations said...

I Love, Love create a critter cart! Your penguin card is adorable.
Hugs,
Minta

4kids4 said...

Oh, how cute is this??!! I love that penguin from CAC...and that frame and shadow from Reminisce is to die for!! I so need to put that on my list! :-) The little guy inside the card is a great touch...it adds so much to the card. Good luck with the challenges..and TFS!

~Sharon C.

Abby said...

Oh so cute!!!!! Thanks for entering my challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!