Thursday, January 13, 2011

An Old Fashion Valentine

Yup- you guessed it, another challenge entry. 

This time, Erin Lee has announced her Music Monday Challenges. Check it out, it is quite fun and a great idea, being inspired by a song. 
When listening to the song for this challenge, I knew I was going make a valentine's card. 
I had recently come across some old valentine's card and thus the inspiration hit me, I would make an old fashioned/retro looking  valentine's card.

The card base is a couple shapes welded and cut as one piece. I used my gypsy, but if you have DS you can do it as well. The base of the card is made using a heart and frame shape from Lacy labels.

He reminds me of a valentine card I would have gotten in grade school. 
I am willing to share my gypsy file for this card, just click the contact button at the top of my blog and send me a note.

Here's how I did it...
Striped paper is from Three Bugs in a Rug, all others are scraps from my scrap box.
Card and hearts cut from Lacy Labels cartridge
Dog and all layers cut at  3.75" from Paisley cartridge p.34
Crazy in love cut at 1.38" from Paisley cartridge p. 60
Added a gem on the star with my irock
Doodled with white gel pen and chalked edges in brown

3 comments:

Angelica Suarez said...

I absolutely love this!! The dog is way too cute! Great job and thanks for playing along in our first Music Monday Challenge! :) Angelica

the cricutologist said...

Oh my goodness! This is so fun! I love this dog!

Anonymous said...

Very cute card!!! :-)